How CAD Has Evolved and How You Need to Change
Probably one of the biggest recent changes in CAD is the way software is delivered. Like so many other platforms, CAD software has moved from a package that you purchase and load onto your computer -- refreshing it periodically as new versions come – to a subscription-based platform that you for which you pay a monthly fee. One of the biggest advantages of this type of software delivery is that you’re always working on the most recent version.
There are other advantages to this software as a service (SaaS) delivery method for CAD software. Here are some of the advantages that AutoDesk lists for their AutoCAD, Revit and other products:
- Choose the options that best fit your business needs
- No big up-front investment, so you get to “try” rather than “buy”
- Better management of your software budget
- Option of single-user or multi-user access, so you only pay for what you nee
- Flexible term lengths -- monthly, quarterly, annual, and multi-year options
- Instant access to the latest product releases and enhancements.
- Technical support
- Administrative tools